Detailed description of project
One of the most successful e-governance reforms in Armenia, giving the ability to eliminate all barriers for new business registration. The project proposed complete modernisation of business processes and old databases in the Republic of Armenia State Registry of Legal Entities. The main project activities are listed below:
- Modernisation of existing database and provision of company information on-line - the Registry database was developed in 1994 using out-dated programming tools. The project modernised this database and made it available at www.e-register.am where citizens can now get free and paid information about any legal entity in Armenia.
- Review of the business process of new company registration, and complete automation of the new business registration process - before the project, registration of new businesses could take up to 10 days and included attending three to five different Government institutions. During this project our team reviewed all business processes and established one-stop shops for business registration. The target defined by the RA Government was to achieve a 15-20 minute registration of new business.
- Integration with other systems - in order to decrease the number of Government institutions citizens must attend to register their business, the project proposed integration of the new electronic business register with the ARCA electronic payment system, the State Revenues Committee, and the Social Security Service. Integration with these systems enabled establishment of one-stop shops for business registration in Armenia.
Software solutions delivered:
- Unified electronic register of businesses
- complete automation of the business registration process
- development of on-line forms designed to enable development and publication of declaration forms
- graphical design of the portal
- establishment of live data exchange with other relevant Government systems
- data migration from old databases
- business process and workflow design module to enable different workflows for different types of registrations
- Development of software integration methodology and specifications
- Software development installation and testing
- User acceptance testing
- Business process analysis
- Change management strategy development
- Development of training curricula and methodology
- Development of user and administration manuals
- System stress tests
- On-the-job and distance training, and support of different user groups
- Software integration with other e-governance systems
- Data conversion and migration from old databases